19/52: High Fives and May Crownings

Thursday, May 17, 2018



Last week we went to a May Crowning party hosted by a sweet friend - the kids were SO EXCITED to be able to "shop the yard" and make beautiful bouquets for Mary. We had lilies, irises, buttercups, sage, thyme, lemon balm, and probably other things I'm forgetting! Then when it came time to process & crown Mary, Peter screamed "NOOOOO DO NOT SING!" through every verse of "Hail Holy Queen Enthroned Above" so I think when we do our May Crowning at home it might be to be a silent procession? First we'll need to move the chicken tractor out of the way, though...

The humidity is terrible here, just like every summer. But Edith's curls? Make it all worth it. I'm just wrapping a scarf around my head to hide the horns flyaways give me... But maybe I need to chop off all my hair and go super-short like the baby? Although then I'd probably just have an afro.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I *love* reading your kind comments and will always try my best to reply right here in the comment box so we can keep the conversation going! If you have a blog of your own, please do link to it so I can visit back :)

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan