My Sunday Best, Vol. 17: John Paul Fashion Show

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Happy Sunday! The weather has cooled down a teeeeny bit here, and we're sort of beginning to think about fall but not really... Summer lasts until October in Virginia, so I cringe every time I start seeing "pumpkin spice" on social media!


I wore my good old polka dot standby this week, and for once none of the kids asked me WHY it has a buckle in the middle if it's just for decoration. Seriously, every single time I wear this dress the twins are so confused about the useless little buckle. 

My hair standby during the summer (when it's waaaay too hot to wear it down) is a Lilla Rose flexi clip - I love them so much and think they're perfect for busy moms, so I finally decided to sign up as a consultant so I can get a discount for myself ;) I promise I won't spam you with "buy buy buy" reminders, but if you're interested you should click here to check them out and sign up to be reminded of sales - I get very few emails, and only when the sales are really great, which is the only time I buy!

My mom took Mary Claire this week, so she got to deal with the constant, "I'm tiiiiiired" that inevitably accompanies that. Andrew and I wanted John Paul with us but then didn't separate him from Cecilia, so it was another kiss-fest and "I love you" fest like last week. But again, at least they weren't fighting!


John Paul kept fiddling with the camera after taking my picture, so I got him to stop by telling him I'd take his picture, too! Oh, the cocky 7-year-old pose. I love it! I did have him throw on a blazer when we got to church, because those are not Mass pants but they were the only pair that was clean, and the blazer covered up the waistband and made him look a little more presentable.

We're "officially" starting our homeschool year this week, and I'm totally not prepared (meaning the bookshelf is still full of last year's books and is generally a mess), but we have all our books in order and will be fine until I can work up the energy to clear out the old stuff! If you're curious, here's my post on some of our plans for this year. The twins are desperate to do "preschool-ish" stuff and Cecilia really wants to be doing Kindergarten stuff, so I've got my work cut out for me...



Your turn!

Post your outfit details & links or not, regale us all with your children's antics, reflect deeply on the readings, or just do a straight picture post - anything goes as long as you actually wore your outfit to church. The link-up is open until Friday, so you've got plenty of time to add your post!

Just a few ground rules before you link up:

1. Please include a photo of what you wore to church this week.

2. Please link back to this post in the body of your post, so your readers know where to find other posts (posts not mentioning "My Sunday Best" or not linking back to this post will be subject to removal).

3. Please visit some other posts in the link-up & leave a nice comment - this is all about affirming each other and building community, not just link dropping :)

4. Make sure the link you add is a link to your specific post or instagram picture (hashtag #mysundaybest and mention me in your caption, @rosiehill425 so I don't miss it!), not just your blog address.

5. Enjoy, and thanks for linking up!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I *love* reading your kind comments and will always try my best to reply right here in the comment box so we can keep the conversation going! If you have a blog of your own, please do link to it so I can visit back :)

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan