My Spring & Summer Style Essentials {WIWS}

Monday, June 8, 2015

I've been promising a spring & summer style post for a while - here's some of what I've been wearing a lot lately:

1. Maxi skirts and denim jackets


I've blogged about this maxi skirt before (currently 30% off!) - it's one of the most versatile pieces in my closet! I've had it for 2 years and it fit all through my pregnancy (even though it's not maternity) and is a great post partum piece as well. I can't even emphasize how worth the price it is! 

I think a denim jacket is a must-have as well - it might be too warm for one where you are right now, but it'll serve you well in the fall. The one I'm wearing isn't available anymore, but this one is similar and also 30% off.

2. T-shirts and breathable skirts


This outfit isn't my favorite actually, but it's so comfortable... The shirt is from a couple of years ago, and isn't really the fit I'd prefer anymore, plus the neck is getting stretched out from constant grabbing... Might be time to turn it into a skirt for the girls! I ordered a few of these t-shirts from J.Crew Factory and am hopeful that they'll serve me well - their fabrics really do last forever, so I've got high hopes.


I looooove this shirt - one of my favorite spring finds from ThredUP (which has REALLY been improving lately - I might actually like it better than Twice now...) and have been pairing it with a lot of different bottoms.


This dress is a super-fun find, and only $15 right now! Nursing-friendly (it doesn't look it, but the top is really stretchy), and perfect paired with a t-shirt for layering or a denim jacket), but on the short side - I'm 5'2" and it hits me at the knee, so order in tall if you're not a shortie like me!


This skirt is a really nice summer maxi - slits up the sides and linen so it breathes well, but it doesn't get super-wrinkly in the dryer so you don't really need to iron it! 


Cecilia tells me it looks like one of our towels. She's right. But I still like it!


And here's how I blurrily styled it for Mass yesterday with this shirt (I won't go into how Mass went, because it was probably the worst behavior we've ever dealt with... My mom was visiting and we decided to take both twins and that was a BIG MISTAKE. I just kept reminding myself that Mass is Mass is Mass, and we're all getting graces just from being there, regardless of how much time we spend in the narthex.).

I'm waiting for my next Stitch Fix and am hoping for a couple sleeveless tops to round out my summer wardrobe, and I might try sewing another skirt or two, also - Molly's inspiring me with her adorable creations!

What are you wearing this summer? Linking up with Fine Linen & Purple for What I Wore Sunday

Some links are affiliate - thanks for clicking through to browse & make your purchases and support this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I *love* reading your kind comments and will always try my best to reply right here in the comment box so we can keep the conversation going! If you have a blog of your own, please do link to it so I can visit back :)

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan