20 Random Things

Friday, April 10, 2015

I got tagged for this instagram thing going around, where you list 20 random facts about yourself. So I did it, and the upload failed. I WAS MAD!!! Then I did it AGAIN, this time texting my sister all the answers so I could copy and paste and have them saved somewhere. And it failed.

So I uninstalled Instagram, did it again, and it failed again.

Ugh.

So at that point I gave up, but here I had these already written, so I figured I might as well blog them...

Bored already? That's fine, I won't be offended if you skip it! But if you wanted to know a whole bunch of random things about me, here are 20!

1) I won the school spelling bee in 5th grade, and almost made it to the national one. My downfall? Denouement. You better believe I haven't misspelled it since then!

2) In college, I auditioned for American Idol with my sister so her roommate would stop being a vegetarian.

3) I sang the Sesame Street theme song. Shockingly, they didn't advance me.

4) Speaking of vegetarians, I was one for a while when I was a kid. But I snuck a whole lot of meat, so I suppose I wasn't actually...

5) I hate mushrooms, seafood, and coconut. Cilantro tastes like soap. But I love asparagus, onions, and black olives.

6) I kind of want our family to be a modern day version of the von Trapps.

7) And I can do a mean Julie Andrews impression.

8) We named our firstborn after the Pope AND my husband's grandfather.



9) Like probably half of all Catholic girls, my confirmation saint is St. Thérèse.

10) Young adult fiction is my favorite, especially books about princesses.

11) My favorite Disney princess is Belle.

12) And I can do a pretty mean Belle impression. Cinderella, Snow White, and Sleeping Beauty too.

13) My favorite fast food is McDonald's bacon egg & cheese bagels. They're amazing and I don't care what you think of me now that you know that.

14) I haven't been to the dentist since before I got married.

15) The other day I was pretty sure I had chipped a tooth but now I'm pretty sure it was a piece of tortilla chip that was stuck between my teeth... So maybe I should make that dentist appointment?

16) My dad and I danced to "Rosie" from "Bye Bye Birdie" at my wedding reception. It was epic.

17) In high school I decided never to date a non-Catholic because I'd never marry him. So of course I started dating a Baptist and ended up marrying him (he DID convert, though... Here's our love story if you're interested!).



18) My favorite flower is the iris.

19) I was diagnosed with exercise-induced asthma when I was a kid, which I used to get out of having to run the mile. These days I control it by never exercising.

20) My ideal vacation would be lying around doing nothing while somebody brings me all the food and drink I want. My husband wants to go everywhere and do all the things. I'm still waiting for my all-inclusive resort vacation!

Want to share YOUR 20 random things? I'd love to hear them! Drop a link in the comment box, or share them directly there - I'm having a blast reading these on instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I *love* reading your kind comments and will always try my best to reply right here in the comment box so we can keep the conversation going! If you have a blog of your own, please do link to it so I can visit back :)

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan