A Confession

Thursday, June 26, 2014

I have a confession to make.

I posted this picture in Instagram with the caption "On the plus side, she won't need her bangs cut for a veeeeeery long time...":



Then I realized everybody would probably assume that this butcher job was a result of a mishap with safety scissors.

Well, it wasn't.

It was all me.

I gave my 3-year-old the worst haircut ever.


The thick, chunky bangs are usually a good look for her.  That is, until they're cut an inch too short and start to resemble a mullet.

(Also, do you see those awesome sunflowers behind the kids?  Taller than they are, and growing more every day!)

What happened, you see, is this:

- Cecilia was begging for her bangs to be cut because they were *just* touching her eyebrows

- I got ready to cut them, and John Paul threw a temper tantrum because he wanted me to cut HIS hair.  Never mind the fact that I just cut his hair a few weeks ago.

- Cecilia kept moving around and looking every way, so I just grabbed all the bangs I could and cut straight across so that I could just even them out.  This is how I do my bangs, but I wear my bangs a LOT longer than she does, so I should have realized it was a recipe for disaster.

So now I'm thankful that her hair grows ridiculously fast.


I think the funniest part for me is that tonight at the dinner table she reached up to touch her bangs and said, "Mom, my bangs are getting pretty long.  I dink I need a hair cut."

If I post a picture of her bald tomorrow, you know who to blame.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I *love* reading your kind comments and will always try my best to reply right here in the comment box so we can keep the conversation going! If you have a blog of your own, please do link to it so I can visit back :)

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan