Theme Thursday - Mom

Thursday, May 9, 2013

When I saw that Theme Thursday this week is Mom-themed, I realized that I have exactly ZERO pictures of me with all 4 kids.  We have taken ONE family picture since the twins were born, but apparently one of the babies is invisible in that picture because someone commented on my 3 little ones!
 
So here's a picture of me with my FOUR little ones - can you spot them all?
 
Hint:  It's not hard.
 
 
So I set out to master the self-timer and document the "Mom" that I am, tandem babywearing and all!  John Paul chose to accessorize his robot costume with red pumps, as any fashionable 3-year-old would.  For some reason the picture ended up EXTREMELY over-exposed (and I don't know why, because the set immediately before was fine, just out-of-focus), so I had to add a lot of shadows...
 
As a bonus, that painting over the mantle is one of my grandmother (my dad's mom) when she was a kid!

 
And then they asked all the teachers at school to have someone take a picture of them reading to their kids. 
 
Someone = self-timer.  I love that Cecilia is kissing Mary Claire's hand!
 
 
But it seemed weird to be taking pictures of myself...  Here's MY mom!  She comes and helps out with the kids and reads to them and love love LOVES them!


 
And ah, that proud Grandma look - there it is!  This woman loves her grandchildren with a SERIOUS ferocity!
 
Check out more Mom pictures at Clan Donaldson!

19 comments:

  1. I love love love that first picture. I love how bright and saturated it is. And that last one? Of your mom looking into the camera? Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the first one feels like the editing actually *works* with the picture - feels reminiscent of the professional photos I'm always drawn to but have no idea how to emulate!

      Delete
  2. These are all great but I think the reading/foot kissing one is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first photo! Tandem babywearing? You go, mama! And is it just me or do the pumps make John Paul look like he's levitating? Which is, of course, PERFECT with the robot costume! Plus, I agree with Cari about the colors and saturation of it. It's very artsy!

    Your mom is beautiful. I can see why you would create a whole blog just for her. :) Happy Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He DOES look like he's levitating!!! The pumps + black tile on the hearth make him look like a magical floating robot!

      Delete
  4. How excellent that you have your mom close by, so so so good for the kids. I didn't notice the red pumps first time round, priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such a good Mommy, Rosie, and just from reading your mom's comments, I know where you learned it from!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, I know the feeling. We were told to send in a picture of "mom" to the school last week and so I looked through the photos on our computer and I don't think I have a photo with the kids from the last year. I definitely didn't have one with me and the both of them. I should do that at some point...

    I love the shot of you reading to all the kids. I'm amazed at how calm everyone is, at last at the one particular moment :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Secret: I bribed them. I told them if they stayed on the couch until we got a good picture, they got a chocolate chip.

      THEN I found out we were out of chocolate chips!!! So they each got a VERY old piece of Christmas candy and absolutely loved it (so much so that Cecilia asked me if she could spit a bunch after she finished it. Mmmm lingering wintergreen flavor...).

      And then today they kept asking me if we could take a family picture so they could have candy!! Little mooches :P

      Delete
  7. Such beautiful shots! You owned that self timer, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your moms is so young looking..beautiful pictures...all of them! I love that one of you reading to to the kids.

    And red heels with robot costume..of course..what else would one wear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! He picked up on the red accents in the robot costume - just pulling it all together :P

      Delete
  9. I adore the first picture. What a lovely home you have and you are a babywearing rock star. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lookin' good, momma!! You and all four of your kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at you baby-wearing like a boss! I love it.

    And that last picture with your mom is so great. What an awesome photo to have!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rebekah, I live 120 miles away—but when Rosie needs me, I can usually dash down to her place. (Rabia, please notice the use of "down" in this case. Because I am going native.) I do love love LOVE my grandchildren with a serious ferocity. They are wonderful!

    Maybe 1% of all pictures of me are to my taste. But I'm glad that some of you like them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Red pumps are absolutely crucial to a robot costume. (How else are you going to get home?) Love the self-timer photos! I need to do more of those...I realized with this theme that (once again) I'm always the one playing with the camera and not actually in the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that first picture! You have a beautiful family and are so blessed to have a mom who loves to help out. Have a great Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete

I *love* reading your kind comments and will always try my best to reply right here in the comment box so we can keep the conversation going! If you have a blog of your own, please do link to it so I can visit back :)

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan