No Mass for us today...

Friday, June 17, 2011

Well my plan was to try taking the kids to mass by myself this morning.  Things did not so much go as planned...

Andrew woke up around 5:30 to go to the US Open and I couldn't get back to sleep after that, particularly since Cecilia wanted to nurse pretty much nonstop.  The kids slept in until around 7:30 and I tried to sneak in a quick shower.  I thought I was being successful - minimal fussing from John Paul, no sound at all from Cecilia, who was hanging out naked on John Paul's floor. 

Now, to be fair, we do this every morning.  Cecilia hangs out naked after she wakes up to give her booty some time to air out.  We stick her on the floor on a pile of prefolds and she pees a couple of times and those catch it.  She has NEVER pooped in all these months of the same routine.

So what does she decide to do this morning?  You guessed it.  I walked out of the shower and checked on her in John Paul's room to see her rolled over in a puddle of poop on the carpet.  Awesome.  Luckily it only covered her from her feet to her chest, none on her face.

And while I cleaned that up, John Paul decided to pull a bunch of toilet paper off the roll and rip it into tiny pieces.  Luckily that's pretty easy to clean up.  Then, while bathing Cecilia, I heard John Paul saying, "Duck, cold water!"  A few days ago I was getting ready in the bathroom and I heard, "Duck, potty!"  John Paul had lifted up the toilet seat and let his rubber duck go for a swim.  I immediately threw it in the sink to be washed, and I'm *hoping* that Andrew washed it, because it was left next to the sink.  John Paul grabbed it this morning and I found him in bed with its head in his mouth, squirting water in.  REALLY hope that wasn't toilet water...

So our plans for this morning didn't so much pan out - a surprise bath for the baby takes more than a few minutes, and John Paul is boycotting bananas, so breakfast takes much longer than it used to.  Thank goodness I can laugh at how disgusting my children are!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I *love* reading your kind comments and will always try my best to reply right here in the comment box so we can keep the conversation going! If you have a blog of your own, please do link to it so I can visit back :)

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan